Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Addiction

Yep, my vices are (were) all the usual suspects.
  • Chocolate
  • Chips
  • Fried Chicken
  • Lollies
  • Burgers
  • Pizza
  • Soft Drink
  • French Fries
  • Ice cream
  • Cheese


I still haven't started Pre-season on the 12WBT yet, so I don't yet know how I should be dealing with these Addictions, so I will muddle through as best I can in the meantime.
Its hard to go cold turkey on these things, it's probably not a good idea to deprive my body of these things, that I have fed it for 25 years (I say 25 not 40, because my mother didn't feed me these things (excessively) as a child, I did it to myself as an adult.)
To deprive would cause cravings > cravings test my willpower > my willpower inevitably fails > I feel bad for failing again > I start emotional eating and reach for the usual suspects to make me feel better.  Best not deprive myself of all these things completely - everything in moderation. 

http://www.paintingsilove.com/artist/johnbarnes
However I did make myself a New Years Resolution to give up Fizzy Drink (unless it's mixed with Alcohol on a Special Occasion - I am having a 40th Birthday party remember - I do need to be practical and realistic).    My Father has long been telling me I drink too much of that crap... and he is right, but don't you dare tell him I said that!  Sad fact is that a 1.5L bottle of Fizzy, is cheaper than a Litre of Milk, or a 600ml bottle of water , and you can't get a Fruit Juice in the same ballpark - It shouldn't be the way, but it is, and it is this type of insanity that has caused the obesity rates to skyrocket.  



Check out the Research

Not that Coke in particular was my drink of choice, I'm more of a Pepsi Max fan, with a side of Mountain Dew, and Lemonade, and Fanta, and Pub Squash.... I am now having ice cold water instead, and had already been making the change slowly over time, but I am now committed to cutting them out altogether.   DAY 4 and still going strong.


Well what can I say, Addictive personalities run in my family - Why fight it?  I'll just replace it with something else that can give me the same endorphin rush, and what do you know ...  Zumba does that!

I have the most A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Zumba Instructor, Kassy 
 Not only can she move like nothing you've ever seen, 
but she truly cares about her students, 
and we love shaking our tushies to those Zumba Tunes.
Last night I did my 2nd class for the week, 
with another scheduled for Friday night.
The Amazing Zumba Kass

Zumbathon in Full Swing

No comments: