Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Good Deed

Today I ticked another item of my Bucket list.


I have no idea why it took me 40 years to do it, but today I finally donated my blood. 


My workplace organised a pickup from work in the Blood Donor Van, and my Workmate Melissa (another first timer) and I went off to do our good deed on Works time.


The ladies were lovely, and made us feel at ease, 500mls of the Red Stuff later  and we were treated to pastries, milkshakes, cheese & crackers, lollies.. before I thought...oh crap the calories.
And I got told not to do any strenuous activity for 24 hours, and I realised I would have to miss my Zumba class tonight! 
Hmmm not the best behaviour the day before weigh in (again) but at least this time I can feel pleased that today I did something good.
I saved lives today.

No comments: