Sunday, May 27, 2012

Task Catch Up

Well seeing as I signed up late, I have a bit of of catching up to do in my pre-season tasks.


#2 SET MY GOALS
Ok, so last time round I had no idea what I was capable of. Didn't quite reach my weight loss goal for the 12 weeks, but absolutely smashed my fitness goals.
This time round I have had to think long and hard about this. 
I have to make them S.M.A.R.T, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Based -  so here goes. 


1 month goals - (by July 1st...if my maths is correct) - and how I am going to do it.

  • to have lost another 2.5kg to get down to 76kg (avg 600g per week)
  • to run 10km - registered in the Gold Coast Marathon 10km on June 30
  • to beat my 5km Run time - Do it in 35mins. Run 5km twice a week.
3 month goals - (at the end of this round of 12WBT - Aug 23-26)
  • to get into the Healthy BMI range of less than 72kg (avg 600g per week)
  • Climb Mt Warning (Just JFDI)
  • to get my 5km Run time down to under 30 mins.  Run 5km at least twice a week.
Mt Warning

6 month goals - (Before December) 
  • To get to my ultimate goal of 65-68kg (size 10)  (avg 500g per week)
  • Complete 'The Stampede' - already registered (September 8th)
  • Go Indoor Rockclimbing (JFDI - Face my Fears)
  • Do a Triathlon  - Like Triathlon Pink - Start swimming, and biking 
The Stampede

12 month goals - this time next year
  • Maintain my weight - learn how to maintain
  • Do the Mini Kokoda Challenge
  • Get back to Green Belt level and achieve Purple Belt or higher, and go back to NZ and compete in IKO Semi-Contact Kickboxing event (or similar) Train with my husband and get match fit again.

#4 SAY IT OUT LOUD.
Last time round this task involved a very tearful me, promising my loved ones, myself and Michelle that I would do this, and see it through.  Maybe I didn't really believe it when I said it, but the act of doing it made a difference.  Hearing my kids, husband and parents say how proud they are of me made every little bit of pain worthwhile.
This time there is no video... unless I find time before now and kick-off, but I am still going to make a commitment, right here, right now.


I commit to trying harder to stick to the plan this time around. I promise myself that I will not let silly little excuses get in the way of achieving my goals.  I am so much closer than I ever thought I would be, so I know I can do this. I just need to focus and get on with it, and I am making the commitment to Michelle that I am going to end this round with my Goals achieved, and I will be the best version of myself.


I also commit to my husband, because I know that finding the extra dollars in the budget is tricky, so I need to commit to him that I will make it worth it.


#5 KITCHEN MAKEOVER
All done - just going to get a padlock for the cupboard for when Faith does homebaking.






TASKS COMPLETE






Next up #6 ORGANISE & DIARISE - This one takes time.... Next Blog post. 

No comments: