Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goal.... achieved.

It has taken sometime to get there... but today, at weigh in, I achieved two of my mini goals.  Only 100g lighter than last week, but that 100g means so much, because it means I have now lost 20kg, AND I finally got into the 70's. 
79.9kg!!!


20 kgs! That's your luggage allowance on a flight...I know how heavy that is... I mean once you pass that allowance, they chuck a little tag that says 'heavy' on it! 

I am 1/3rd through the year, and 2/3rds of the way to my ultimate goal of being in the 60's.  When I first started this journey, and thought I had 30kg to lose, it seemed so far out there, so hard, so unachievable... but breaking down the goals into small chunks and aiming for the first one, and then the next one, and then the next one, has made it happen...and fun.

As I write this, I'm watching the Biggest Loser contestants facing their fears, and thinking of what I can do to challenge myself even further.  
I have got the 10km run to do on June 30, but here are some other challenges that are enticing me, (that I always thought looked cool, but not for me... cos I was too fat)...
Sea Kayaking

Abseiling

Trapeze

Indoor Rock Climbing

These things weren't on my bucket list originally, but as I am becoming the person I always wanted to be, I am aware now that there were things that I would've  liked to do, but it was just fear holding me back. 

I still have 10kg to lose, and still a lot to learn about nutrition, and exercise, and how my mind and body will battle each other, but even though I am not there yet, I have already learned enough to know that I can do it, and I will do it, bit by bit, goal by goal, and challenge by challenge. 

1 comment:

The Tigress said...

Awesome achievement! I know exactly how you feel! Just keep swimming...just keep swimming :) xo